In the world of enterprise IT, agility is the key to growth and success, and this means being able to respond quickly to rapidly evolving customer needs and changing expectations. To create a competitive environment, it’s important to take advantage of new technology, especially when it comes to integrating your existing IT resources so that they all work seamlessly together.
CRM and ERP integration makes sense on many levels for every entity, from small businesses to large global corporations. It helps simplify corporate IT in an otherwise increasingly complex industry, not least because the handling of data presents one of the biggest challenges hindering business agility. By integrating and consolidating CRM and ERP systems, you’ll enjoy many benefits.
1. Maintain a Centralized Database
- By using the same rules and data entry systems for both your CRM and ERP systems, you will no longer have to deal with data storage duplicates, which can cause administrative problems and frustrate your customers. By contrast, when both systems are treated as entirely separate entities, a common problem arises whereby you have two slightly different sets of contact information for the same customer. By integrating CRM and ERP, you’ll have a centralized database where all information follows the same rules and customer records have one correct version.
2. Reduce IT Support Costs
- By using a complete solution, such as that provided by
- , you’ll have fewer individual services to maintain. By integrating CRM and ERP, you’ll have everything wrapped up in one package delivered by a single vendor that charges one flat monthly fee. Consequently, you’ll be able to take advantage of reduced IT support costs, since you’ll have only one system to maintain. At the same time, you’ll have just one interface and database to work with, so you only need to train your staff to use one system instead of multiple disparate ones. The other advantages of integration also ultimately translate into increased sales and profitability.
3. Better Teamwork
- Teamwork and collaboration are core elements of any successful growing business. However, a lack of clear communication between different departments is a problem that you hear about all too often in the corporate world. But when every department has access to the same information stored in the same system, your employees will be able to collaborate and support one another more effectively. Thanks to the benefits of integrating both systems, there will no longer be any need for an accounts receivable department to be blindsided by issues with the sales department.
- is one example of a company that provides the full range of core financial features in a single integrated subscription-based service.
4. Faster Response Times
- Integration of CRM and ERP gives your company a great opportunity to become more innovative and responsive. Since both departments will be able to access and work with the same information, they can respond to both internal corporate needs and the needs of customers seeking post-purchase support. For example, customer service staff will be better equipped to review a customer’s purchase history, while sales teams will be able to work with production teams more effectively to find out why a particular order might be running late.
5. More Customer and Company Insights
- Businesses can never have enough insights into the needs and desires of their customers when it comes to formulating their marketing, upselling, and remarketing strategies. Integrated services allow for better forecasting, since production teams will have access to sales information, allowing them to more accurately forecast production requirements. As a result, your customers will be happier; and your business, better at meeting its goals.
Additionally, should your sales team detect a trend in product returns, they’ll be able to provide valuable feedback by investigating issues with customers themselves. Ultimately, integration provides a more complete view of your customer and the production needs of your business.
Integrating core business IT components like ERP and CRM presents the perfect solution for streamlining business processes, providing easier access to essential information and providing better customer service. Many businesses cite decreasing complexity in IT management as one of their most important IT challenges. As such, opting for a vendor that offers the full range of integrated services your company requires is the obvious choice for overcoming this and many other IT challenges.
If you’re looking for a way to more effectively manage your company’s talent, provide better customer service and improve overall business agility and flexibility, contact the team at WhiteOwl today. We can help you set your business on a path toward greater success.